Find a human resources position here locally. The HRCC provides job postings as a service to our members.
Please note: These are job listings posted by our members. We cannot be responsible for the accuracy or currency of the position listed. Please contact the names/numbers provided to verify the information.
If you would like to submit a human resources-related position for our employment opportunities list, please use our online form (HRCC membership required).
- Executive Assistant (Human Resources)
- Equality, Diversity & Inclusivity Director
- Senior HR Generalist
- Human Resources Manager
- Human Resources Coordinator
- Human Resources Specialist
- Payroll Specialist
• Manage an active calendar of appointments including regularly scheduled meetings and deadlines, understand priority / urgency and reorganize appropriately. Keep in close contact with manager on changes when assistance is needed. Help organize and communicate agendas.
• Utilize Excel and other reporting programs to access, process, and format data on standard and ad hoc reports.
• Compose, prepare, and proofread correspondence and presentations. Use skills to create options for displaying information in presentations.
• Prepare agendas, documents and notes for daily meetings, format for review.
• Prioritize conflicting needs; handle matters expeditiously, proactively, and follow through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
• Provide support to P&C Leadership Team with scheduling group and project meetings and assisting with department or executive presentations.
• Liaise with multiple time zones, being mindful of this when aligning times for meetings.
• Assist with the budgeting process and budget tracking, making sure to track deadlines, and provide coordination to ensure a successful process. Track invoices, create POs, and coordinate with Finance department on these matters.
• Recommend and implement improvements in processes, procedures, and organization.
• Follow applicable practices, policies, and regulations regarding internal and external distribution of communications and materials in electronic/paper format.
• Work directly with external vendors, partners, and service providers as requested.
• Make travel arrangements, prepare detailed itineraries, and provide the needed confirmations.
• Plan and execute special projects such as departmental events, offsite meetings, and team building activities.
• Facilitates preparation for monthly department “All Hands” meetings including agenda, virtual set-up, ensuring content is reviewed and distribute recording post-meeting.
• Prepare and track expense reports, including reconciling all credit card receipts.
• Keep department organization chart updated
• Maintain a high level of discretion, confidentiality, and professionalism, with internal and external “clients” of Mindbody.
• If in office setting, meet and greet visitors and candidates, coordinate conference rooms and make meal arrangements.
• All other duties as required.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive and cohesive multi-year EDI strategy to promote an equitable diverse, & inclusive workplace that attracts, develops, engages and retains the very best talent with material impacts
- Demonstrate and role model inclusive leadership, and provide coaching to leaders and managers to enhance their capability to be inclusive leaders and allies and learn to build and retain diverse teams
- Serve as an EDI subject matter expert, consulting with senior leadership and People & Culture to understand and identify areas of opportunity to deliver on our strategies
- Partner with Talent Acquisition to enhance a talent strategy to source and attract talent through events, partnerships with professional organizations, educational institutions, tools and resources that attracts diverse talent
- Partner with Senior Leadership to design and implement change initiatives that foster a diverse workforce, a culture of inclusion, and drive employee engagement
- Ensure effective leadership, development and coordination of Mindbody’s affinity groups to ensure their integration into our culture and impact and effectiveness across the organization including robust participation in EDI initiatives within allocated budget; support leaders to identify intersectionality opportunities and education
- Partner with Talent Development to develop and deliver training and awareness programs that promote inclusive leadership and decision-making, including building and retaining diverse teams
- Collaborate with department leaders across Mindbody to integrate EDI into current department strategies
- Partner with Marketing teams to develop content on messaging, initiatives, events, and progress to ensure that inclusion is considered and integrated into all aspects of internal and external facing communications. Partner to position Mindbody as a top destination for diverse talent through an inclusive employer brand.
- Develop and coordinate strategy for Mindbody’s community facing EDI activities
- Provides an "open door" policy for employees to communicate work related concerns.
- Counsels employees and maintains positive employee relations.
- Issues are recognized and addressed at early stages, with appropriate level of management intervention.
- Acts as liaison between employees and management team.
- Conducts all exit interviews and provide feedback to management with recommendations.
- Monitors employee satisfaction and attrition levels and assists developing strategies and employee centered programs and activities to improve employee engagement and retention.
- Line management equipped with appropriate skills and tools to consistently apply company policies and enable open communication and employee satisfaction.
- Employees provided with tools and information that foster open communication and employee satisfaction.
- The Sr. Human Resource Generalist is responsible for all HR related initiatives at the site including but not limited to: coaching, leadership development, training, HR process deployment (performance ownership, performance improvement plans, compensation/benefits etc); payroll administration, etc.
- Provide a broad range of HR services in support of business objectives to include performance ownership, workforce planning, merit process, total associate engagement and organizational change
- Coaching/mentoring associates at all levels of the organization
- Support and lead processes for business group such as performance ownership, compensation planning, staffing, disciplinary issues, community involvement, and associate relations
- Support Zurn HR Leader in ensuring all associates are trained in the performance management system.
- Succession planning and annual performance review process effectively implemented and tracked.
- Assist Zurn HR Leader in ensuring that Supervisors and Managers are provided with guidance and tools to effectively deal with associate performance related issues.
- Coordinate staffing and recruiting activities across the plant for multiple functions partnering with the Talent Acquisition Specialist.
- Candidates are tracked and monitored via online applicant tracking tool.
- Candidate sourcing and interviewing for non-exempt or exempt regular and temporary positions conducted in a cost effective and timely manner in collaboration with line management.
- New hires obtain a high degree of successful performance in their roles
- Short-term staffing needs are met
- Responsible for performing HR portions of New Associate Orientation and communicating New Associate information to other departments within the business unit.
- Work with the Zurn HR Leader to ensure compliance, and claim response in coordination with Legal for EEOC, FMLA, Code of Conduct, Discrimination, Harassment and other legal/policy issues
- FMLA administration according to state and federal law and in line with Rexnord policy
- Administer Attendance Program fairly and consistently and recommend discipline when appropriate.
- Ensure record retention guidelines are met in accordance with state and federal law as well as industry guidelines.
- Foster a culture of safety awareness
- Adds value to administrative process by recommending policy enhancements and streamlining procedures as opposed to maintaining status quo.
- Updates and maintains Associate Handbook
- Ensures consistent interpretation and application of policies and procedures
- Initiates process improvement by analyzing current processes and recommending improvements to obtain greater efficiency, quality and customer satisfaction
- Drive and deploy procedures and policies in all areas involving HR.
- Partner with Zurn HR Leader for organization assessment and upgrading talent through strategic staffing and developing pipeline talent.
- Develops and implements short/long term HR initiatives in support of the business’ strategic objectives.
- Applies a comprehensive knowledge of human resource disciplines, principles, and practices towards the completion of complex assignments/projects.
- Proactively promotes and maintains a positive work environment and drives total associate engagement
- Drive organizational development activities that align with Rexnord Business Systems
- Support, coach and develop site associates and departments on RBS and in driving root cause analysis and identifying corrective actions
- Partnering with EH&S, be an integral player in leading safety related initiatives including safety committee, compliance, record keeping, etc.
- Benefits program is communicated in effective manner and understood by associates; ensure associates are referred to Third Party Agencies where appropriate; encourage use of online tools and resources.
- Participate in facilitation of Rexnord’s annual open enrollment
- New hires, associate changes in status and benefits changes are processed in a timely manner with minimal errors.
- Ensure that pay and promotion decisions are tied to performance with consideration of internal equity.
City of Arroyo Grande
- Perform a variety of duties supporting the Human Resources operation including recruitment, classification, salary and benefit administration, health and safety programs, negotiations, discipline and grievance resolution, training, and labor relations.
- Plan and participate in the full recruitment and selection process of job applicants; prepare and coordinate advertising material; schedule and score employment tests; coordinate recruitment activities with departments involved for assigned positions. Champion diversity and equity in the recruitment and selection processes.
- Administer employee benefit programs including group life, medical, dental, vision, retirement, deferred compensation, employee assistance, disability insurance programs and voluntary benefit programs; assist in claims processing; counsel employees regarding benefit programs; conduct open enrollments for various plans.
- Administer the City’s classification, compensation and performance evaluation program.
- Maintain and update the City’s Personnel Policies and Procedures and the Personnel section of the Administrative Policies and Procedures Manual.
- Conduct orientation for all new employees.
- Provide information and general assistance to management staff, employees, and the public regarding personnel policies and procedures and Memorandum of Understanding interpretation; answer questions and provide information regarding personnel actions, employee records, legal issues, and other related matters.
- Coordinate return-to-work programs and accommodation meetings for employees.
- Conduct salary, benefit and classification surveys; compute and compile survey data and results; recommend modifications to programs as appropriate.
- Coordinate employee investigations and findings. Review proposed actions for conformance with established policies.
- Coordinate city-wide training programs.
- Assist with labor negotiations and preparation of compensation surveys. Prepare final Memorandums of Understanding.
- Administer the City’s safety program including Workers’ Compensation, the Safety Committee, and safety training.
- Monitor changes in laws and regulations that may affect City operations and implement policy changes as required.
- Set-up and maintain confidential personnel records for City employees including documentation of appointments, transfers, salary, evaluations, training, certificates, commendations, discipline, and benefits.
- Administer the DMV Pull Program (excluding Police) and the D.O.T. testing program.
- Complete special projects and prepare reports related to the Human Resources function.
- Attend professional meetings and conferences as required.
- Respond and perform assigned duties in the event of a City declared emergency.
- Perform related duties and responsibilities as required.
Cal Poly Corporation
Assist with administering employee benefits programs, including but not limited to medical, dental, vision, life insurance, Cal PERS retirement, FSA, long term care, etc.
Support with processing insurance billing statements, ensure accuracy, and audit as necessary
Initiate New Account Requests for email, calendar, windows login, etc.
Assist in processing COBRA enrollments and coordinate with payroll department
Provide support in administering leaves of absences including but not limited to FMLA, CFRA, workers’ compensation, catastrophic leave
Develop and maintain health and wellness programs including processing the wellness incentive reimbursements
Input all Workers’ Compensation claims, compile timely and accurate reports, interface with injured employees, supervisors, medical facility, insurance carrier
Maintain required OSHA reports and logs
Act as Telephone Coordinator
Maintain files pertaining to this position
Provide support with data compilation of training and development needs including job analysis, surveys, evaluation sheets etc.
Assist with the development of training manuals, online learning modules, presentations and course materials
Assist with training and onboarding program needs and presentations by ordering food, room reservations, technology arrangements and calendar invitations
Conduct, organize and present new employee orientation materials
Prepare new hire onboarding materials and conduct new hire intake appoints
Help deliver effective training materials and programs using a variety of media
Input training assignments for employees and generate completion reports through the Learning Management System
Monitor training compliance requirements through the Learning Management system and follow up with employees who are out of compliance
Plan and organize employee development activities and events
Facilitate the fee reimbursement program enrollment and reimbursement procedures
Prepare onboarding materials for new hires
Administer the CPC Buddy program for new hires
Reconcile the CPC P-Card in a timely and accurate manner
Attend trainings as necessary to enhance learning or provide support
Assist managers, employees, applicants and vendors in answering inquires pertaining to human resources
Assist HR Management with tracking and processing Leave of Absences
Provide excellent customer service and friendly reception to all internal and external customers
Input data required to maintain the Human Resources database and payroll system and to produce reports to distribute to departments electronically and manually as necessary
Assist with completing a variety of reports for agencies, CSU and management
Stay current on legal updates and requirements related to this position
Responsible for maintaining job skills and compliance related knowledge
Serve as backup to Benefits and Training Manager, HR Manager and Human Resources Assistant
Perform other duties as assigned
The Human Resources Specialist will be assigned to one of the following areas of focus:
- Prepare, maintain and follow through to completion a variety of personnel related information, statistics and documentation such as contracts, collective bargaining agreements, recruitment details, required departmental reports, college reports, evaluation notification/documenting, and benefits related items;
- Determine, prepare and process correct fringe benefit packages for new employees; meet with new and current employees on benefit and retirement questions and act as a liaison between the employee and the insurance providers; prepare employment materials and validate all new hire documentation has been completed and logged in to database as required;
- Track longevity, part-time steps for faculty, faculty loads and compensation, and banking pay-out requests;
- Oversee all salary tables and post updated and Board approved versions on the website, validate salary roll-overs and process all retro changes to any/all salary schedules;
- Identify and adjust all employee changes, including benefits and retirement deductions for payroll processing;
- Determine correct salary placement on appropriate salary schedules and prepare employments contracts for all employee classifications;
- Process all resignations, terminations, and retirements and validate information is processed through the Board and exit procedures are followed;
- Review, enter and monitor employee voluntary deductions. Recalculate deduction withholdings that are based on semester contracts for adjunct faculty. Adjust as necessary;
- District's first point of contact in the event of a work-related injury; provide required claim forms and refer injured workers to designated providers for evaluation and treatment;
- Serve as liaison to all District personnel regarding extended employees leaves (e.g. FMLA, 5-month differential, catastrophic, worker's compensation) in accordance with state and federal regulations and guidelines;
- Coordinate with medical providers, managers, the Safety Compliance Coordinator, and other designated entities to discuss injuries, leaves, return to work, and assist with the interactive discussion process for ADA/FEHA for accommodation requests;
- Track and monitor all leaves for payroll processing and eligibility pursuant to state and federal law;
- Assist the Vice President to conduct timely, objective and thorough investigations of allegations and complaints of discrimination, harassment, and sexual misconduct; conduct interviews and gathers/documents exhibits; recommends solutions, both formal and informal, to complaints/investigations;
- Write comprehensive investigation reports with findings of facts and recommendations;
- In collaboration with the Student Support Resolution Coordinator identify informal resolutions to student complaints allowed by federal and state law, District policy and procedure and Collective Bargaining Agreements;
- Develop and plan for programs, services, education and assessment of Title IX program and prevention efforts, including sexual misconduct prevention training for students, faculty and staff;
- Develop and maintain case management database to organize, manage, analyze, and track incidents;
- Coordinate all employee recruitment and selection activities for management, faculty, classified, confidential and temporary positions;
- Innovate the District's recruitment efforts to encourage well-qualified and diverse pools of applicants;
- Facilitate hiring process for recruitments to ensure that all steps are completed, and required training is provided;
- Coordinate all aspects of the screening and interview process according to the District's policies and procedures, collective bargaining, and Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) regulations (pursuant to Title 5, California Code of Regulations);
- Post positions and maintain the appropriate data in the District's applicant tracking system; train others, as necessary, to utilize the applicant tracking system;
- Perform research and conduct surveys to determine appropriate advertising strategies and maintain a network of advertising vendors to contact for recruitment activities as necessary;
- Collect data to assist in development and maintenance of job information to create and develop legally defensible position for job descriptions as necessary or required to comply with District standards and legal regulations;
- Maintain recruitment records and EEO diversity statistics and assists in completing required reports;
- Conduct confidential reference checks for individuals, companies, organizations and public agencies as needed while using tact, discretion and analytical ability, to assist in determining potential applicants' suitability for employment;
- Develop relationships with other institutions in support of the District's recruitment efforts;
- Arrange for District attendance at recruitment fairs; attend recruitment fairs, conferences, workshops as needed or required;
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (IN ADDITION TO FOCUS AREA)
- Serve as a representative of Human Resources in providing services to the college in the areas of academic and classified employment matters, on-boarding and recruitment, health benefits, retirement and reporting in all areas of compliance;
- Coordinate the development of orientation and onboarding process for all new employees;
- When requested by the Vice President of Human Resources and Labor Relations, serve on the negotiating team as a note taker; coordinate meeting minutes with the Vice President and distribute as required; create and maintain MOU's and validate the most current documentation is available;
- Assist with the revision of job descriptions, reclassifications, and salary recommendations;
- Collaborate with various District personnel, departments, as well as, community partners, and other external agencies;
- Coordinate employee tuberculosis testing and fingerprinting requirements in accordance with District policy and procedures, and state law;
- Act as back up to each area of focus as identified in this job description;
- Process technical duties related to reclassifications, seniority rosters, Faculty Service Area (FSA) assignments, and assist the Vice President with any Requests for Information (RFI's) requested by the bargaining units or outside agencies;
- Assist in the preparation of reports as required including retrieving, compiling and organizing information and data;
- Participate in the development and revision of District policies, procedures, and collective bargaining; Prepare weekly/monthly reports as requested;
- Prepare employments contracts for staff, determining correct salary placement on salary schedule, prepare employment contracts for Faculty, PT Faculty, Division Chair placements, determine longevity placement for all levels of District workforce;
- Participate in various District committees as required;
- Process payments for various entities (e.g. vendors, voluntary deduction companies, legal) and resolve any remittance or billing discrepancies;
- Coordinate seminars, trainings and/or benefit related events;
- Work with upper level management on special assignments when requested;
- Serve as Deputy Title IX Coordinator in the absence of the VP of HR and Labor Relations;
- Assist in the day-to-day activities of the office to assure efficient and effective office operations; and
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Responsible for processing weekly Davis Bacon/Prevailing Wage Certified Payroll.
- Responsible for processing payrolls outside the normal weekly processing cycle (termination checks, payroll corrections, etc), as well as bonus checks and other special circumstance checks.
- Responsible for accurately processing all mandatory and voluntary deductions such as wage garnishments, tax liens, 401(k) salary deferrals, etc.
- Responsible for making sure company is in legal compliance with all federal, state, and local tax laws and regulations pertaining to payroll administration, prevailing wage payroll, and certified wage reporting, .
- Responsible for the reconciliation of weekly payrolls to the quarterly reporting of payroll to the federal and state tax agencies.
- Responsible for reporting to the Dept of Labor all payroll on public works projects, as required.
- Responsible for remitting certified payroll to all agencies, as required.
- Responsible for the administration of, and reporting of, all fringes withheld, as well as remitting to the appropriate agencies/trusts the amounts due them each month.
- Responsible for researching complex payroll questions, and implementing best practices in the weekly administration of payroll.
- Responsible for completing inquiries and verifications of employment/unemployment, as necessary.
- Will prepare labor reporting by running job cost reports for management on a weekly basis.