Find a human resources position here locally. The HRCC provides job postings as a service to our members.
Please note: These are job listings posted by our members. We cannot be responsible for the accuracy or currency of the position listed. Please contact the names/numbers provided to verify the information.
If you would like to submit a human resources-related position for our employment opportunities list, please use our online form (HRCC membership required).
- Sales Administrative Support (Part Time)
- Assistant to the CEO
- Human Resources Specialist
- Human Resources Business Consultant
- Human Resources Generalist – Part Time
- Assistant Director, Human Resources
- Finance & HR Manager
STATUS: Part Time (< 30 hours per week)
SUPERVISOR: Sales Manager
LOCATION: San Luis Obispo
HOURS: Monday – Friday
The Sales Administrative Assistant duties and responsibilities include providing administrative support to ensure efficient operation of the Sales Department. Supports managers and employees through a variety of tasks related to organization and communication. Responsible for confidential and time sensitive material. Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices and procedures. Ability to effectively communicate via phone and email. Ensuring that all Administrative Assistant duties are completed accurately and delivered with high quality and in a timely manner. Rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals and a wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Execute tasks as assigned.
- Assist the Sales Department with improving their use of various tools including various Customer Relationship Management (CRM) programs, Outlook and multiple vendor applications.
- Assist with various aspects of vendor communications, including strengthening customer involvement in vendor promotions, making online data submissions and extractions, and coordinating vendor visits with the Sales Team.
- Assist the Sales Manager(s) with data extraction for use in the company’s budget, various sales reports for salespeople or sales manager and various volume reports for customers.
- Assist team and customers with vendor programs. Help the Sales Department with customer participation in company-initiated and vendor-initiated promotions. (coordinate with customers)
- Assist the Sales Department with tracking sales numbers towards goals in both dashboard format and variance reporting.
- Act as the “Super User” for the Sales Department’s Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and vendor sales platforms and tools.
- Maintain competitor information stored within the Customer Relationship Management tool.
- Manage inventory of all sales support materials and ensure that all signage in-store and at the cardlock is updated and fresh.
- Handle office tasks, such as filing, generating reports and presentations, setting up for meetings, and reordering supplies.
- Provide real-time scheduling support by booking appointments and preventing conflicts.
- Make travel arrangements, such as booking flights, cars, and making hotel and restaurant reservations.
- Use computers to generate reports, transcribe minutes from meetings, create presentations, and conduct research.
- Maintain polite and professional communication via phone, e-mail, and mail.
- Produce and distribute correspondence memos, letters, faxes and forms.
- Prepare regularly scheduled reports as well as reports on request.
- Research and create presentations.
- Handle multiple projects.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Maintain computer and manual filing systems related to sales department.
- Handle sensitive information in a confidential manner.
- Take accurate minutes of sales meetings.
- Develop and update administrative systems to make them more efficient.
We are growing very quickly so we need a tech savvy professional to help us build proposals, manage the timelines of consulting projects, coordinate meetings, communications, travel and outreach to current and potential clients. The successful candidate will have a love of technology and a yearning to continue to learn and grow in their expertise about technology, leadership, product development and marketing.
This position is responsible for helping us execute every element of the business including posting blogs and social media posts, managing project execution, and managing email correspondence to be sure all client communications are addressed in real-time.
Basically, we need someone who is willing to do what it takes to help us keep our company growing and providing the best service we can to our customers. Some of the tasks will be highly strategic and analytical. Others will be more administrative, but necessary to keep our business running smoothly.
The successful candidate will also be a self-starter who loves working in a fast-moving, dynamic, multi-tasking environment of controlled chaos. They will be quick learners and natural problem-solvers that pride themselves on figuring out the most efficient and effective path to complete a task or overcome a hurdle.
We have a very casual and collaborative company culture and work best with those that are truly committed to doing the “right thing” for clients, no matter what it takes. We need someone with a strong work ethic that understands clients sometimes make demands which require focus and commitment to get a project done quickly. Everyone on our team is hungry to grow in their experience and make positive contributions to the organization in a variety of ways.
The successful candidate will work directly with the Managing Partner of WAV Group. You will get a real-world MBA with us!
WAV Group will help you learn about the residential real estate industry. Training will be provided for all of the software tools used.
The Human Resources Specialist will be assigned to one of the following areas of focus:
- Prepare, maintain and follow through to completion a variety of personnel related information, statistics and documentation such as contracts, collective bargaining agreements, recruitment details, required departmental reports, college reports, evaluation notification/documenting, and benefits related items;
- Determine, prepare and process correct fringe benefit packages for new employees; meet with new and current employees on benefit and retirement questions and act as a liaison between the employee and the insurance providers; prepare employment materials and validate all new hire documentation has been completed and logged in to database as required;
- Track longevity, part-time steps for faculty, faculty loads and compensation, and banking pay-out requests;
- Oversee all salary tables and post updated and Board approved versions on the website, validate salary roll-overs and process all retro changes to any/all salary schedules;
- Identify and adjust all employee changes, including benefits and retirement deductions for payroll processing;
- Determine correct salary placement on appropriate salary schedules and prepare employments contracts for all employee classifications;
- Process all resignations, terminations, and retirements and validate information is processed through the Board and exit procedures are followed;
- Review, enter and monitor employee voluntary deductions. Recalculate deduction withholdings that are based on semester contracts for adjunct faculty. Adjust as necessary;
- District's first point of contact in the event of a work-related injury; provide required claim forms and refer injured workers to designated providers for evaluation and treatment;
- Serve as liaison to all District personnel regarding extended employees leaves (e.g. FMLA, 5-month differential, catastrophic, worker's compensation) in accordance with state and federal regulations and guidelines;
- Coordinate with medical providers, managers, the Safety Compliance Coordinator, and other designated entities to discuss injuries, leaves, return to work, and assist with the interactive discussion process for ADA/FEHA for accommodation requests;
- Track and monitor all leaves for payroll processing and eligibility pursuant to state and federal law;
- Assist the Vice President to conduct timely, objective and thorough investigations of allegations and complaints of discrimination, harassment, and sexual misconduct; conduct interviews and gathers/documents exhibits; recommends solutions, both formal and informal, to complaints/investigations;
- Write comprehensive investigation reports with findings of facts and recommendations;
- In collaboration with the Student Support Resolution Coordinator identify informal resolutions to student complaints allowed by federal and state law, District policy and procedure and Collective Bargaining Agreements;
- Develop and plan for programs, services, education and assessment of Title IX program and prevention efforts, including sexual misconduct prevention training for students, faculty and staff;
- Develop and maintain case management database to organize, manage, analyze, and track incidents;
- Coordinate all employee recruitment and selection activities for management, faculty, classified, confidential and temporary positions;
- Innovate the District's recruitment efforts to encourage well-qualified and diverse pools of applicants;
- Facilitate hiring process for recruitments to ensure that all steps are completed, and required training is provided;
- Coordinate all aspects of the screening and interview process according to the District's policies and procedures, collective bargaining, and Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) regulations (pursuant to Title 5, California Code of Regulations);
- Post positions and maintain the appropriate data in the District's applicant tracking system; train others, as necessary, to utilize the applicant tracking system;
- Perform research and conduct surveys to determine appropriate advertising strategies and maintain a network of advertising vendors to contact for recruitment activities as necessary;
- Collect data to assist in development and maintenance of job information to create and develop legally defensible position for job descriptions as necessary or required to comply with District standards and legal regulations;
- Maintain recruitment records and EEO diversity statistics and assists in completing required reports;
- Conduct confidential reference checks for individuals, companies, organizations and public agencies as needed while using tact, discretion and analytical ability, to assist in determining potential applicants' suitability for employment;
- Develop relationships with other institutions in support of the District's recruitment efforts;
- Arrange for District attendance at recruitment fairs; attend recruitment fairs, conferences, workshops as needed or required;
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (IN ADDITION TO FOCUS AREA)
- Serve as a representative of Human Resources in providing services to the college in the areas of academic and classified employment matters, on-boarding and recruitment, health benefits, retirement and reporting in all areas of compliance;
- Coordinate the development of orientation and onboarding process for all new employees;
- When requested by the Vice President of Human Resources and Labor Relations, serve on the negotiating team as a note taker; coordinate meeting minutes with the Vice President and distribute as required; create and maintain MOU's and validate the most current documentation is available;
- Assist with the revision of job descriptions, reclassifications, and salary recommendations;
- Collaborate with various District personnel, departments, as well as, community partners, and other external agencies;
- Coordinate employee tuberculosis testing and fingerprinting requirements in accordance with District policy and procedures, and state law;
- Act as back up to each area of focus as identified in this job description;
- Process technical duties related to reclassifications, seniority rosters, Faculty Service Area (FSA) assignments, and assist the Vice President with any Requests for Information (RFI's) requested by the bargaining units or outside agencies;
- Assist in the preparation of reports as required including retrieving, compiling and organizing information and data;
- Participate in the development and revision of District policies, procedures, and collective bargaining; Prepare weekly/monthly reports as requested;
- Prepare employments contracts for staff, determining correct salary placement on salary schedule, prepare employment contracts for Faculty, PT Faculty, Division Chair placements, determine longevity placement for all levels of District workforce;
- Participate in various District committees as required;
- Process payments for various entities (e.g. vendors, voluntary deduction companies, legal) and resolve any remittance or billing discrepancies;
- Coordinate seminars, trainings and/or benefit related events;
- Work with upper level management on special assignments when requested;
- Serve as Deputy Title IX Coordinator in the absence of the VP of HR and Labor Relations;
- Assist in the day-to-day activities of the office to assure efficient and effective office operations; and
- Perform other related duties as required.
Morris & Garritano Insurance
JOB SUMMARY The HR Business Consultant possesses a deep knowledge of Human Resources and a detailed understanding of California, multi-state, and Federal employment laws, regulations and standards. This individual is responsible for reviewing and researching regulatory issues, developing and executing HR strategies for clients and assisting in the sales and retention process. This trusted resource has exceptional research, leadership, business and client relationship skills. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS Customer Service • Regularly works with clients to educate on Human Resources laws and regulations, identify and resolve compliance deficits, and assist with providing guidance and recommendations to clients on a wide range of HR issues. • Conducts proactive consultative HR audits and prepares reports and recommendations. • Reviews client HR documentation including policies and provides recommendations for remediation. • Gathers documents, organizes information in concert with meeting with clients to address common HR issues. • Often builds and utilizes repeatable platforms and tools to solve issues and better serve clients. • Promotes HR best practices with clients including referral to third-party resources when appropriate. • Participates in development of new business opportunities and retention of clients in collaboration with the production team and agency management. • Champion of agency HR Consulting Services in the business community. • Tracks and reports on activities and client utilization of services. • Participates and assists in executing strategic development solutions for the growth of HR Consulting Services. • Counseling, coaching and educating employers regarding employee relation issues. This includes providing guidance to clients on HR laws and regulations and assisting with interpreting how it applies to unique business operations and client needs. • Continually develops and executes internal and external HR communication strategies to include, but not limited to, the creation of industry presentations, webinars, monthly bulletins, educational material, and agency website and social media content. • Frequently facilities agency training and education regarding HR industry regulatory and compliance topics. • Continually tracks legislative initiatives and changes ensuring that staff are educated, and clients are trained by researching, managing and communicating state, federal, and municipal updates. • Maintain a working knowledge of HRIS systems and stand-alone benefit administration systems. Operations • Protects confidential information and client material at all times by following HIPAA and other privacy rules and regulations. • Regularly reads, analyzes and translates complex HR materials and ideas into simplified language for clients and coworkers. • Provides client education and support for electronic HR resources such as Think HR.
- Recruit - Conduct recruitment effort for all job postings: write job descriptions; place advertisements; perform initial applicant screening; organize interviews and verify past employment. Create job offers and send to candidates.
- Source – Build a pool of contractors to be used for special projects.
- Policy - Administer various human resource plans and procedures for all employees; assist in the development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures; prepare and maintain the employee handbook.
- Onboarding - Lead new-employee onboarding.
- File Management - Responsible for completion and accuracy of all employee files. Conducts audits as needed and/or directed.
- Employee Appreciation - Develop and maintain employee appreciation, recognition programs and events.
- Benefits - Perform benefits administration, including Open Enrollment, claims resolution, change reporting and communicating benefits information to employees.
- Grow - Recommend new approaches, policies and procedures to continually improve efficiency of the department and services performed.
- Compliance - Maintain compliance with federal, state and local employment benefits, laws and regulations.
- Meetings - Attend weekly meetings with President, staff meetings and required trainings.
- Employee Relations - Assist management with daily employee relations and performance management issues.
- Goals - Participate in developing department goals, objectives and systems.
- Confidentiality - Maintain the highest degree of confidentiality and professional discretion.
- Directory - Maintain company organization charts and the employee directory.
- And other duties as assigned.
- Supervises and assists in the coordination of district employment-related activities to provide consistent application of practice and to ensure regulatory requirements are met;
- Provides day-to-day leadership and works with staff to ensure a high performance, customer- service oriented work environment the promotes a positive employee relations environment;
- May represent human resources on various planning and/or operations committees and task forces;
- Acts as Deputy Title IX Coordinator in the absence of the VPHR/Labor Relations including assisting with campus investigations which may include conducting investigations and writing reports;
- Prepares reports, resolutions, information items and other materials for the district Board of Trustees meetings;
- Coordinates institutional professional development in collaboration with the professional development committees;
- Reviews and processes requests for district records and information, including subpoenas; and provides other employment-related information;
- Directs and participates in the preparation and maintenance of a variety of records, reports and files related to employees, benefits, recruitment, compensations, job openings and assigned activities;
- Supports, implements, and promotes advancement of the district’s equity goals and Equal Employment Opportunity Plan in all aspects of employment;
- Coordinates with District management and Fiscal Services to ensure accurate forecasting, coding, and reporting of payroll and human resources information;
- Participates in the annual development of program review and budget;
- Coordinates district activities related to employee benefits and workers compensation;
- Drafts board agenda items for review by the VPHR/Labor Relations;
- May act on behalf of the VPHR/Labor Relations in their absence;
- Performs other related duties as required.
Visit SLO CAL
- Manage the day-to-day accounting tasks of the organization, including:
- Maintaining accounts payable through Concur Invoice and Quickbooks and accounts receivable through Quickbooks (post bills and checks and receive payments, etc.), ensuring that there are no material weaknesses in the organization’s financial practices, that all invoices have proper back-up, and following up with partners when funds are delinquent
- Conduct follow-up on delinquent payments and proactively reach out to prevent delinquencies
- Preparing check runs and making deposits
- Processing semi-monthly payroll, 401k deferrals and payment of insurance premiums
- Reconciling bank and credit card accounts, using Concur Expense, AMEX e-statements and bank statements
- Processing expense reimbursements through Concur Expense
- Researching and reconciling all accounting discrepancies and inquiries from team members
- Performing account reconciliations between the general ledger and subsidiary ledger
- Maintaining vendor files
- Maintaining fixed asset schedules
- Addressing all accounting-related documents/correspondence to and from other team members
- Complying with federal, state and company policies and regulations
- Maintaining relationships with Auditor, banker, team members, etc.
- Effectively communicating and presenting critical financial matters to organizational leadership
- Recommending systems and technologies to streamline financial procedures
- Other accounting duties as requested
- Managing the monthly and bi-monthly accounting obligations of the organization, including:
- Completing all month-end closing duties, including adjusting journal entries and reconciliation of related balance sheet accounts
- Preparing monthly financial reports for team members and the Board of Directors
- Developing cash flow projections and monitoring cash flow from month to month
- Monitoring progress of spending against budget and offering insights to the team
- Preparing transfer requests from checking to CD accounts
- Preparing reports aimed at optimizing the business
- Managing the quarterly, biannual and annual accounting obligations of the organization, including:
- Facilitating the annual budget and budget re-forecast process
- Monitoring the payment of quarterly and annual payroll tax returns through TRAX
- Preparing annual W-2s and 1099s
- Preparing annual financial statements and related reports for annual audit and income tax return preparation
- Coordinating the annual year-end audit process, including request for proposal (RFP) process, selection of an Auditor and audit facilitation
- Providing feedback on business policies and accounting practices, ensuring the organization’s Accounting Policies and Procedures is in line with industry best practices
Human Resources (30%):
- Manage recruitment efforts, including the posting of open positions on key recruitment channels, assisting with the scheduling of interviews, processing background and credit checks, administering personality tests (WorkTraits and Enneagram), and maintaining candidate records on the online Bamboo HR platform
- Manage and optimize on-boarding process, including the facilitation of operations on-boarding and coordinating internal on-boarding meetings with other team members
- Ensure the organization is compliant with existing state and federal employment laws and regulations
- Maintaining employee payroll files, payroll records and benefit information through the online Bamboo HR portal
- Monitor systems and processes to ensure efficiency organization-wide
- Facilitate the Annual Performance Review process and monitor progress on the Performance Management Module
- Assist in monitoring and ensuring the effectiveness of the organization’s continuous learning program
- Recommend new systems and technologies to optimize employee work flows and advocate for improvements to the efficiency of the organization
- Address employee issues and maintain employee relations, in line with labor law and HR best practices
- Enforce standardized organization-wide record-keeping practices throughout the employee life cycle
- Maintain, educated and assure compliance with company policies
- Coordinate enrollment and annual renewal of employee benefits, as outlined in the employee handbook, including management of the Visit SLO CAL 401k account
- Review employee benefit options annually, making educated recommendations on changes from year to year
- Assist in the execution of Strategic Direction 2023 initiatives, including assistance with recruitment strategies, culture-building initiatives, and retention strategies
- Manage employee off-boarding
- Other HR duties and projects as requested