STATUS: Part Time (< 30 hours per week)
SUPERVISOR: Sales Manager
LOCATION: San Luis Obispo
HOURS: Monday – Friday
The Sales Administrative Assistant duties and responsibilities include providing administrative support to ensure efficient operation of the Sales Department. Supports managers and employees through a variety of tasks related to organization and communication. Responsible for confidential and time sensitive material. Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices and procedures. Ability to effectively communicate via phone and email. Ensuring that all Administrative Assistant duties are completed accurately and delivered with high quality and in a timely manner. Rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals and a wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Execute tasks as assigned.
- Assist the Sales Department with improving their use of various tools including various Customer Relationship Management (CRM) programs, Outlook and multiple vendor applications.
- Assist with various aspects of vendor communications, including strengthening customer involvement in vendor promotions, making online data submissions and extractions, and coordinating vendor visits with the Sales Team.
- Assist the Sales Manager(s) with data extraction for use in the company’s budget, various sales reports for salespeople or sales manager and various volume reports for customers.
- Assist team and customers with vendor programs. Help the Sales Department with customer participation in company-initiated and vendor-initiated promotions. (coordinate with customers)
- Assist the Sales Department with tracking sales numbers towards goals in both dashboard format and variance reporting.
- Act as the “Super User” for the Sales Department’s Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and vendor sales platforms and tools.
- Maintain competitor information stored within the Customer Relationship Management tool.
- Manage inventory of all sales support materials and ensure that all signage in-store and at the cardlock is updated and fresh.
- Handle office tasks, such as filing, generating reports and presentations, setting up for meetings, and reordering supplies.
- Provide real-time scheduling support by booking appointments and preventing conflicts.
- Make travel arrangements, such as booking flights, cars, and making hotel and restaurant reservations.
- Use computers to generate reports, transcribe minutes from meetings, create presentations, and conduct research.
- Maintain polite and professional communication via phone, e-mail, and mail.
- Produce and distribute correspondence memos, letters, faxes and forms.
- Prepare regularly scheduled reports as well as reports on request.
- Research and create presentations.
- Handle multiple projects.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Maintain computer and manual filing systems related to sales department.
- Handle sensitive information in a confidential manner.
- Take accurate minutes of sales meetings.
- Develop and update administrative systems to make them more efficient.
- Must possess a strong ability to prioritize and handle multiple requests.
- Proactive follow through, ability to effectively manage up to move projects and tasks forward.
- Strong attention to detail for use in proofreading marketing materials, expenses, etc.
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong organizational skills to assist the Sales Department with multi-facet needs.
- Experienced software user of Microsoft Office (especially Excel) and a Customer Relationship Management tool (preferably Microsoft Dynamics CRM).
- Friendly, outgoing personality that works well with others.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL FUNCTIONS: Frequent sitting and computer work. Some lifting (up to 30 pounds), bending, and reaching.
This job description is not all inclusive. J.B. Dewar reserves the right to change job duties and essential job functions as required by business necessity.
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Sales Experience: 1 year (Preferred)
- Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Preferred)