MINDBODY emerged from a simple idea: small business owners deserve the time to do what they love. From its first iteration, MINDBODY software has turned that vision into the technology that links tens of thousands of health, wellness, and beauty professionals to the millions of clients they serve. Today, we’re the leading global online marketplace for wellness services — and like the speed of technology itself, we’re blazing ahead toward limitless possibilities.
|People & Culture Business Partner
A People & Culture (P&C) Business Partner is responsible for consulting with leaders to enable people solutions through organization and business understanding and Human Resources experience. Involved in promoting, communicating and implementing P&C strategies and initiatives. Develop and maintain strong business relationships by being a P&C partner with leaders and managers with ability to consider strategic directions and effectively influence. Ability to be a strong employee advocate. Provide guidance on employment law and best people practices. This role is able to successfully adapt communication and discussion to appeal to the specific interest, need and level of the audience. This Business Partner will be working with our Customer Services team, supporting our SVP, Customer Services, Managers, Team Leads and entry-level staff.
- Understand business strategy/drivers and partner with leaders to drive business results.
- Support implementation of effective P&C initiatives and practices that will drive the strategic growth and objectives of the business.
- Provide support for organizational and people changes with an understanding of the impact and need to communicate effectively. Responsible for evaluating outcomes and escalating recommendations for approval.
- Brainstorm and partner with leaders on recommendations regarding MINDBODY organizational and people related strategy.
- Point of contact for minor to complex team member issues including conflict resolution, coaching for outcomes and conducting investigations.
- Analyze and present people related data to business leaders on a regular basis
- Work with appropriate P&C partners and leaders to create a workforce plan that meets the needs of the business.
- Provide timely information and/or education for all levels of the organization on people related matters including performance management, people development and how to lead teams.
- Identify needs and support the business by working with other P&C specialists to implement people oriented programs that positively impact business units.
- Provide input and implement appropriate pieces of P&C driven initiatives and programs.
- Provide guidance to the business in the following areas: performance management, coaching, total rewards, people and team planning and employee relations.
- Identify and develop process improvements – seek buy-in and approval for implementation.
- Anticipate potential issues and risks, recommending mitigating actions to ensure deliverables.
- Facilitate management, team member meetings and off-sites as needed.
- 3+ years as a P&C (HR) professional in multi-discipline environment; experience working across different departments and working directly with Leaders required.
- Some experience as an HR Business Partner preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent work experience.
- Human Resources certification preferred (such as PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP)
- Proven success working in a fast-paced company environment.
- Experience influencing and coaching others in the absence of direct reporting relationships.
- Experience in coaching managing, identifying employee engagement challenges, risk mitigation and performance management methods.
- Possess a strong understanding of federal, state and applicable international laws
- Strong analytical skills. Excellent knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint to create and deliver presentations preferred.
- A strong sense of accountability, ownership and pride in work performed. Self-managing, results-oriented, and capable of managing multiple projects and tasks in a dynamic environment.
- Intermediate skills with MS Office, including Outlook, Excel andPowerPoint. Experience with web conferencing tools. Working knowledge with HR Technologies (i.e., ATS, HCM, employee engagement tools, etc.)
We provide numerous perks!
20 vacation days per year
Employee stock purchase program
$65 in monthly wellness vouchers
401(k) and health insurance benefits
15+ onsite wellness classes every week
3 onsite massage therapists
25+ daily menu items from our in-house bistro
Monthly outdoor activity (dodgeball, for example)